NWAL SafeKid Program
NWAL SafeKids Program Guidelines
The Northwest Aquatic League is organized to foster competitive swimming and good sportsmanship in the youth of the area.
The following constitute the policies of Northwest Aquatic League with regard to awareness and prevention of abuse within our organization.
NWAL is committed to ensuring the safety of the children who participate in this program and to provide a safe environment and to prevent child abuse and sexual misconduct.
NWAL will make every reasonable effort to ensure that every person involved in coaching/training a sports activity in our organization will abide by the SafeKids guidelines.
NWAL will make every reasonable effort to exclude any coach/trainer with a legally documented history of child abuse/molestation or any other record that would bring unnecessary risk to the health and safety of the participants of this organization. Therefore, every person applying for a position as a coach/trainer (whether paid or volunteer) must complete a Coach/Trainer Disclosure Statement. The team representative will provide the Coach/Trainer Disclosure Statement Form to coach/trainer applicants. These statements must be completed and returned to the NWAL League Manager prior to the new Coach/Trainer beginning their work with the children in any team training/practice, meet or other team activities.
NWAL will take appropriated action on allegations of child abuse and/or sexual misconduct. All allegations will be reported immediately to the authorities for investigation and NWAL will cooperate fully with any such investigation.
The following represent the preventative measures of Northwest Aquatic League with regard to abuse:
• Physical, mental, and verbal abuses of any of the participants, coaches, managers, employees, volunteers involved in our sponsored activities is not permitted.
• Inappropriate touching of any kind is forbidden.
• We agree to provide more than one adult working at or overseeing every activity. If a child needs special attention (one-on-one training or an individual meeting), it will be handled with the assistance or presence of another adult.
• Coaches/trainers should not socialize with the participants outside of the sponsored activities of the organization.
• Coaches/trainers should not ride alone with a child or participant in the car. Procedures will be established for coaches to follow in the event a participant is stranded at an activity.
• Parents are encouraged to attend sponsored activities.
Last updated 03/27/2006